The meeting provided an opportunity to clarify EUnetHTA Joint Action’s intent to actively involve stakeholders – as well as experts outside of the EUnetHTA partnership – in the activities of specific work packages of the EUnetHTA Joint Action. In addition to yearly face-to-face EUnetHTA Stakeholder Forum meetings, a series of quarterly web-based meetings will be organised throughout the EUnetHTA Joint Action 2010-2012 to exchange information and seek advice from the Forum members on the progress within the EUnetHTA Joint Action and provide opportunity to bring up issues for discussion.
The Stakeholder involvement process in the EUnetHTA Joint Action is organised through
- Participation in the EUnetHTA Joint Action Stakeholder Forum
- Public consultations on deliverables
- Participation in Work Packages subject to decision by the EUnetHTA Executive Committee
- Facilitation of the provision of information to be used in work on specific technologies emerging from the Work Packages.
Focus of EUnetHTA stakeholder involvement will be built around the 3-year EUnetHTA Joint Action Work Plan. The contact between the Forum and the Executive Committee will also be used to discuss emerging issues e.g., general issues of HTA cooperation in Europe.
EUnetHTA Joint Action Stakeholder Forum members
- AIM, Association Internationale de la Mutualité (International Association of Mutual benefit societies)
- BEUC, The European Consumers’ Organisation
- COCIR, European Coordination Committee of the Radiological, Electromedical and Healthcare IT Industry
- CPME, Standing Committee of European Doctors
- ECPC, European Cancer Patient Coalition
- EFPIA, European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations
- EGA, European Generic Medicines Association
- EPF, European Patients’ Forum
- ESIP, European Social Insurance Platform
- EUCOMED, Medical Technology
- EURORDIS, European Rare Diseases Organisation
- HOPE, European Hospital and Healthcare Federation
Some eligible organisation that were approved for participation in the EUnetHTA Joint Action Stakeholder Forum were not selected for the final list of the EUnetHTA Joint Action Stakeholder Forum members due to limitation of the number of seats per stakeholder group:
- AESGP, The Association of the European Self-Medication Industry
- EDMA, European Diagnostic Manufacturers Association
- EFNA, European Federation of Neurological Associations
- EuropaBio, European Association of Bioindustries
- GIRP, The European Association of Pharmaceutical Full-line Wholesalers
These organisations will receive all the information/documents that is circulated to the EUnetHTA Joint Action Stakeholder Forum members during the EUnetHTA Joint Action 2010-2012.
The non-selected eligible organisations can provide their comments in writing on the Forum documents through the organisations that are members to represent their respective stakeholder group.
The selected organisations are requested to communicate the views of the non-selected organisations to the EUnetHTA Joint Action Stakeholder Forum.