We are pleased to announce that as of today the Draft Project Plan regarding the production of a Rapid Relative Effectiveness Assessment of new pharmaceuticals for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C by Work Package 5 has entered the public consultation phase.
This consultation phase will take place between 23 June and 7 July 2015.
Objective of the Project Plan
The rationale for pilot rapid relative effective assessments is to test the capacity of national or regional HTA bodies to collaboratively produce structured rapid core HTA information. In addition, the application of those collaboratively produced HTAs in the national or regional contexts will be tested.
Recently, we have commenced our sixth pilot within EUnetHTA WP5 Strand A (the assessment of pharmaceuticals): this joint REA will assess several new treatment options for Hepatitis C. The aim of this Project Plan is to provide an overview of the processes, the scope and the scientific methods used for this rapid relative effectiveness assessment.
· Draft Project Plan
· Public Consultation Form
How to submit your comments?
Please provide any comments on the Draft Project Plan using the Public Consultation Form (ensuring all fields are completed, including contact information). Please forward the form by 5pm CET on Tuesday 7 July 2015 at the very latest to: EUnetHTA_WP5@zinl.nl. If you wish to draw our attention to published literature, please supply the full reference.
Please note that only comments submitted within the indicated timeframe, to the indicated e-mail address and in accordance with the described procedure will be taken into account. In order to be considered, the name, title, organisation, telephone number and e-mail address of the sender should appear in the cover note of the submitted comments. If more than one individual from your organisation wants to comment, we kindly ask you to send us a collated singular response document per organisation.
The authors are unable to accept:
· Comments received after the consultation deadline
· Comments that are not completed on a public consultation comments form
· Confidential information or other material that you would not wish to be made public
The subject line of the e-mail should include “EUnetHTA JA2 WP5-SA6 – Public Consultation Draft Project Plan”.
What will happen to your comments?
1. The submissions will be processed by the WP5 Lead Partner, ZIN. If responders wish to modify their submission, they should contact ZIN at the e-mail address given within the timeframe of the public consultation. ZIN will not share responders’ data with third parties for direct marketing.
2. The contact information of all the organisations that properly submitted contributions will be made public on the EUnetHTA public website within a month after the closing date of the public consultation (unless the author has explicitly opposed publication of their contribution or the contributions do not address the Draft Project Plan or contain complaints against institutions, personal accusations, irrelevant or offensive statements or material). The name of the author, his affiliation, and date of the submission’s receipt will be disclosed when the contribution is made public.
3. All comments will be formally responded to in a combined document that will be posted on the EUnetHTA website together with the final Project Plan.
4. No action will be taken upon receipt of late comments.
5. You should receive a response to your email with comments as a confirmation that your comments have been received. If you do not receive this acknowledgement, please contact EUnetHTA_WP5@zinl.nl to ensure your comments have been safely received.
A reply to acknowledge receipt of submission is foreseen (see point 5) however no further individual reply will be made.
Final Project Plan
The final project plan will be published on the EUnetHTA website in September 2015.